Procedures for Building a New Pool or Spa
In order to build a new public pool or spa in Clayton County you
must follow the requirements laid out in the County
Swimming Pool Regulations. In order to properly process your
plans you will be required to submit the information listed below
to our office before the plan review can be started.
- The Pool Contractor will need to submit a construction/plan
review application (pdf).
- A minimum of two (2) plans drawn on a minimum scale of one
eighths inch equals one foolt (1/8" = 1'). The chosen scale must be
one that is found on a standard Architechtural Scale. These plans
- Shape and location of pool in relation to other buildings
- Layout of the pool circulation system
- Scale drawing of the pump room including all equipment to be
- Any lighting provided
- Location of safety equipment, play features, entries/exits,
- Cross section of the pool showing slopes, stair dimensions,
- Plans for the shower, toilet and dressing facilities. Also the
calculations indicating the number of shower, toilet, urinal and
lavatory fixtures required.
- A completed hydraulic
analysis form (pdf) must be provided by the pool/spa
- Cut sheets or manufactures specifications for all circulation,
filtration, safety and disinfectant equipment must be
- List of materials used in the design and construction of the
pool/spa and deck surface.
- Calculations will also be required for the following:
- Minimum pool size allowed based upon the dwelling units (Section
- Maximum user load allowed (
- Pool volume
- Pool turnover rate
- A statement by the pool designer that his drawings are complete
and are in conformance with the
County Swimming Pool Regulations. The statement must also
indicate that the plans have been prepared according to standard
architectural and engineering standards.
The above is the minimum information that our office will
require; depending on the complexity of the facility in question,
we may require that more information be submitted in order to
complete the plan review process.
If any corrections or additions to the plans are needed they
must be submitted to our office before the plan review can be
Clayton County Board of
Office of Environmental Health Services
685 Forest Parkway, Forest Park, GA 30297
Phone: (678) 610-7469 Fax: (770) 603-4874